Ansar-ul-Birr of Dar-us-Salaam is committed to supporting and assisting community members and their families in their times of need and difficulty, as well as creating a safe and Islamic environment to strengthen and sustain individuals and their families within our community,inshallah.
Some of the services we provide are:
- Welcome new families and community members (help finding living arrangements, schooling, jobs...)
- Assist in job placement
- Assist in finding suitable childcare
- Assist in providing temporary shelter
- Matrimonial services
- Visit the sick and new mothers
- Provide food for families in crisis (working on setting up a mini food bank so the food is already available when the need arises)
- Funeral services
- Transportation (airport, groceries, appointments)
- Assist in accessing services and assistance from state /county when appropriate
We also are responsible for organizing many events and programs:
- Ramadan program (including: taraweeh, iftar, qiyaam ul layl, suhoor)
- Eid programs (salah, house hopping, Eid picnic )
- Social events (camping, henna parties and more)
- Free tutoring to qualied students/ potential students of Al-Huda School.
- Tutors Needed :
- Math Tutors needed immediately
- English, Science, Social Studies, Arabic tutors also needed so we can build a pool of tutors and start putting the upcoming tutoring project into full swing
- Volunteers that can answer phones in the evening and weekends and direct calls to appropriate persons
- On call drivers
- Once a month general volunteers (cover any emergency needs i.e. making funeral arrangements or finding drivers for someone that needs a ride..)
for details on all volunteer opportunities.
Please remember to donate online to support Ansar-ul-Birr.